SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#132978 - 12/05/05 07:49 AM Re: Is there a "correct" way to use the pitch wheel?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Squeak -

Last night I did my first wedding with my Tyros 2. Man, isn't that SA heavy distortion amazing? I'm using it with other effects for a much better (in my opionon) sound. I had some really good electric guitar players just watching me in awe. I asked one of them to come up and accompany me and he refused because he thought his playing wouldn't sound as good as mine!

I don't think Icould ever have heard a compliment like that from a guitar player before!

I'm thinking of getting a 3000 for air travel. The last airline that would allow it on (Delta) has just added $250 worth of overweight and oversize charges per round trip!

Chony

#132979 - 12/05/05 08:16 AM Re: Is there a "correct" way to use the pitch wheel?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Those SA voices on the T2 are just plain AWSOME! The SA sax is best sax I've heard (to date) on any keyboard. The guitars are also very impressive. Have you messed with the WHA effects on the T2? If you get a chance check them out see if any come close to the "crybaby".

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#132980 - 12/05/05 08:48 AM Re: Is there a "correct" way to use the pitch wheel?
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Have you messed with the WHA effects on the T2? If you get a chance check them out see if any come close to the "crybaby".
Squeak

I haven't really had a chance to mess with WHA? Have you? Can you suggest any settings?

I'll tell you a trick though that I sometimes do! I hook up a real guitar crybaby to one of my 'sub' outs, and lead the distorted guitar sound out of it, and then (after looping it through the crybaby), I loop it back to the mic input, and then add reverb and effects. It takes a lot of tweaking to get it right, but it works nicely!

Chony

#132981 - 12/05/05 09:36 AM Re: Is there a "correct" way to use the pitch wheel?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I haven't really had a chance to mess with WHA? Have you? Can you suggest any settings?

That's funny I do that all the time. It's like my fingers get ahead of my mind while I'm typing Yeah WHA effects sound interesting huh? Now that I think about it I think I always screw up and type WHA Anyways, I haven't messed with any WHA effects, but (wah) I have That's interesting what you do with your guitar. Thre's two particual wah effects on the Casio WK series that really don't require much user editing and sound good on default. For example one is called (LWhDsDly) Plus there is a list of parameters you can adjust within the effect to fine tune it. Here's what they are:

-LWh Mnual
-LWh Rate
-LWh Depth
-Dst Gain
-Dst Level
-Dly Time
-Dly Wt Lvl
-Dly FB
-Rev Send
-Cho Send

That's A LOT of paramters for (one) effect. That's why I make such a big deal about the effects in the Casio WK's. My old PSR-550 couldn't even come close to the effects section on my WK-3500. The Wah effects on the 550 only allowed you to adjust hte overal (global) DSP level, and Rev/Cho. That was it.

I'm just curious how other keyboards rate in the area of the effects section. I couldn't get the PSR-2000 to duplicate the wah guitars I get on the Casio WK.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-05-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#132982 - 12/05/05 05:01 PM Re: Is there a "correct" way to use the pitch wheel?
chony Offline

Hi Squeak,

The Tyros has that much control as well.

I just posted a song I just recorded live on my Tyros. It has two small guitar solos. One at around 5:45, and a longer one at around 7:20.

Chony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online